Monday, May 19, 2008

Hawaii Trip




We are back from Maui and trying to get back to reality and back to a normal schedule. I must say I am very sad to be back to real life and not in paradise. I feel like when I go there I am at home. I know where my favorite places to eat are and I know how to get around and everything is just the way it was the last time I was there. It was a wonderful vacation filled with lots of adventure and unexpected happenings. First, we stepped off the airplane and I could already smell the plumeria and ocean breeze. I love that smell. It was great we got there at noon Hawaii time and had enough time to head down to the pool at our hotel. Our start to a wonderful vacation had come to a hault as we ended up taking Julian to Urgent Care at 6 am the next morning. Payton and him were fighting over something and they woke me up so I grabbed his wrist as he ran by to try to stop him from hitting her and would get back his toy and he resisted and his elbow popped out of the socket. He was in a lot of pain like screaming pain. I felt horrible and I was only trying to help him. He kept telling everybody that I broke his arm. I think I will be hearing about this for years. So after the doctor visit and his arm was healed we soaked up the sun and took full advantage of our three days left at the hotel. We went down all of their water slides about 20 times and swam through the different pools and enjoyed some strawberry virgin daqris. I also celebrated Mothers Day there which was wonderful. We had a nice dinner and some shopping. My Mothers Day gift from Jared was his sister Ali. We had her fly out the day after we got there so she could help us with the kids. We were so happy to have her there. Not only because she was such a great help but because we got to spend a lot of time with her and my kids loved it. Thanks Ali! We miss you already! The rest of our trip we stayed at Jared's parents condo and did some beach time, sight seeing at he Iao Valley, the awesome Aquarium and even took in a luau. I think I am the only one who actually enjoyed it though. Julian liked the fire dancing though. We had such a wonderful time none of us wanted to come home. But all good things must come to an end. Until next year (I hope). Here are some pictures of our trip...








Julian swinging on the rope swing at the pool
This was the Resort we stayed at. The Grand Wailea. So beautiful. I miss it already.

This is at the Iao Valley and the water was freezing but we had fun swimming in the creek.

Below is the Iao Needle. It is so beautiful here.


5 comments:

Amber said...

What a great family photo! I'm so glad you had fun and I'm SO SO jealous. It looks simply beautiful!

Beth said...

I can barely read this I am SO jealous! I miss Hawaii everyday and I've only been there once. Maybe once I'm not nursing a baby Adam and I can go back.

embot said...

Oh you lucky girl. Ahhh, Hawaii!

Jodi said...

Amazing pictures - it is beautiful! You have made me even more excited for our trip in a few weeks...and I didn't think that was possible!

Jenny Dahl said...

I'll make sure next time I go to Hawaii you and Jared are there to show us all the great places you love! What a fun trip!