Monday, March 17, 2008

Easter Egg Idea


I have found a new idea for Easter eggs that we will be trying this year. I found the idea in this months REAL SIMPLE magazine. Thanks Brooke for lending it to me. They look pretty cute and very easy and hence the magazine name, simple. You just wrap rubber bands around the eggs in a pattern and then dip them in the dye. When the eggs are dry then you remove the bands and you have neat patterns. Nothing fancy but I thought the idea was cute and it's different from the traditional plain dyed eggs.

4 comments:

Harward Happenings said...

What a great idea. I think I'll be trying this this year. Thanks for sharing.

Amber said...

That IS a great idea. I'll have to remember that for next year since I already bought some shimmery paper egg dye kit for this year. Fun fun!!!

Jenny Dahl said...

Very cool idea that we'll have to try. I also found a new one in the family fun magazine with leaves. Thanks for sharing!

Jodi said...

Rubber bands is a great idea. We tried it once and the colors bled a little so I'm not sure what we did wrong. I will have to try again! We have also done "polka dot" eggs with little round stickers that we stuck on before we put them in the dye. They were cute too! Thanks for sharing!