Monday, March 2, 2009

I Got Called

For sure I thought it wasn't going to happen. Seeing that I am due soon I thought they would say let's give her a break at least until after the baby. Nope. I was wrong. I got a calling as secretary of the Relief Society. I am actually pretty happy with the calling. It still allows me to go to Relief Society and shouldn't be overwhelming with everything else going on. I was just surprised that they would want me seeing that I will be out of commission in just a few weeks and for another six weeks after that. Jared actually got a calling as well as Assistant Scout Master and he likes it. And for those of you who know Jared pretty well, it's a big deal. It is a perfect calling for him. He just did his first outing with the boys in what they call the Klondike camping trip. It is where you make a snow cave and sleep overnight in it. Talk about freezing if you ask me but he liked it and that is completely a Jared thing to do.

As for an update on the baby since Maria asked. Nothing right now. I am having a ton of braxton hicks and for those of you who don't know I usually have C sections so we have already scheduled the date that I go in and it will be April 2nd. We decided not to do it on April 1st. So the 2nd it is.

8 comments:

Amber said...

That is SO SO awesome. Congrats to both of you on your new callings. And good luck with your last month of pregnancy.
.
I drove down to Northridge today and SO wished I could have stopped to see you.

Harward Happenings said...

I'm so glad to hear Park City is suiting you guys. Congrats on the new callings to both of you. Those boys are going to have so much fun with Jared! (And I might have to upgrade it to a huge deal! I'm so happy!!)

Good luck with your less then last month of pregnancy! Hope it goes by quickly without too much discomfort for you. Please email me your number (lvlady21@yahoo.com) I have to return something to the outlets in the near future and would love to see you guys!

embot said...

oh, congratulations! that sounds like a fun calling. and Jared is a total saint if he loves the scouting sort of thing. i wish we could be in your ward when Owen goes to scouts.

embot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brookeisacrazylady said...

dude, you should go in march.

congrats! you are out for 6 weeks, i can only get away with four.

that sounds like a great calling. means you HAVE to go to relief society with is super cushy. i really miss relief society...big sigh

Beth said...

Perfect calling. I want to be the secretary of something... I am so organized it would be perfect. I am jealous. :) And I bet Jared is an awesome Scout Master.

I'm glad the baby is doing well. Names????? I miss you Renee.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ne, it won't be long now, so hang in there :-) We can't wait to meet the new member of the family. We miss you guys soooo much! Glad Jared is doing the scout thing, it is perfect for him. Can't wait to hear about the camping in igloos.

Love you!
Love Mom

Deanne said...

Congrats on the new callings, and good luck with the home stretch of the pregnancy! I can't wait to hear baby news.